7/05/2010

Happy 4th

This is something I haven't done in a good 6 months - blogged an event right after it transpired! Well I'm all caught up baby! Go me! (Of course, I stopped taking pictures for about 3 months to help with that...)

We started our holiday traditions Friday night with a visit to Provo's Freedom Days. The kids made crafts and Anthony and I grabbed some lamb gyros, which were delightfully reminiscent of German duners. The festival didn't do much for me this year - not sure if we'll attend next year.



Saturday morning (the "official" holiday in Utah) we took the kids swimming in the morning. In the afternoon we dropped Ruthie off at Lisa's (she had a great time) and met up with the rest of the fam to see Toy Story 3. As you can see, Austin was so excited, he wore his Buzz Lightyear costume for 2 straight days. Take on the movie? I loved it. Pixar is great. Toy Story 2 is still my favorite of the trilogy. Poor little Austin was deeply disturbed. At one point the bad guys capture Buzz and tie him to a chair. This is were it started to get hard for Austin. He leaned over to me and asked, "Why does Buzz have to go to time out?" Then the bad guys flipped Buzz's reset switch and turned him into a "bad" guy. Austin crawled into my lap crying and asking, "Why is Buzz being mean?" I kept reassuring him that his friends would save him and to keep watching. He did, ducking his head into my arm several times and at one point telling me, "I just want to see Toy Story 4." He made it through the movie and was happy with the ending, but confessed to everyone after, "That movie was just a little bit scary for me."

Following the movie we dashed off to Debbie's house for some evening nummy BBQ and fireworks.

Anthony overate. I lit my traditional parachutes. Ruthie stayed up till 10pm. And Austin got a girlfriend. A neighbor of Debbie's (whom she doesn't know) hooked up with Austin during the course of the evening. Wherever he led, she followed and he seemed quite content with her company. He didn't know her name (Lacey) and she kept calling him Buzz (which makes me wonder if she was won over by the uniform), but they sure were cute to watch. Her dad ran over to snag pictures of the duo too. Anthony thought we were watching the Austin and Lacey show more than the Stadium of Fire.



4 comments:

Antho said...

My favorite part was "I just want to see Toy Story 4"

Rachel B. said...

Way to go with posting right away. I have such a hard time doing that myself these days. I'm currently about 3-4 weeks behind. (Not too bad I know, but it's stressing me out a bit.) Austin in his costume to watch the movie is hilarious...and so is his commentary! I have girls so we've been busy watching Princess movies and haven't seen Toy Story 1 & 2. So when my mom took us to see the 3rd one last week, Reese leaned over to me about 3/4 of the way into the movie and asked, "Is this Twilight?" Oh our little people are so good for great laughs!

Michelle M said...

We're going to see Toy Story 3 as a family next week. I doubt Daphne will sit through the movie, but I sure hope Dayton enjoys it! I think it's hilarious that Austin wore his Buzz costume for the movie! Cute kid!

Rust Family said...

Just so you know, Dallin cried for the last hour and a half of that movie and begged and pleaded with me to take him home.