2/21/2021

A Little About My Life

As soon as Ruthie found out that we were resurrecting the blog, she was so excited that she wanted to contribute. So, introducing Ruth in her blogging debut:

First of all, if I were to describe myself in one word, that word would be Ruth Colleen Johnson. Now I realize that is three words but I have to count it as one because it wouldn't be complete without all three. Have you ever met someone like that? So unique that a single word cannot describe them, a person that can only be described as who they are? I know you have because honestly I think every person is like that. Even if their name might not be quite fitting it is still the only thing that could possibly describe them. Yup, that's me.

Currently I am twelve years old, I love to learn, and I can't wait to pick up my next good book. In my free time I like to read, write, and play with my friends and family. I can usually finish a book in 2-3 days if I am really enjoying it, and one day if I just can't put it down. Right now my favorite book series is the Lunar Chronicles. I love to write stories. In fact right now I am working on a book. It doesn't have a name yet but I am about 20 pages in so far. As of now I cannot play with friends outside of school due to the Covid-19 pandemic, so I have to be content with playing with my siblings and doing FaceTime calls.

I also love to act, sing, and dance. I go to an after school program called COPA. We have practice twice a week. We just had our first stage performance in January and it was great. I absolutely love school. Although right now we do have to wear masks all day it is still great to see my friends. You know all kids at some point in their life wish they were home schooled but after the brief experience I had with online learning I am very grateful to not be homeschooled.

When I grow up I hope to be either a Marine Biologist or an Actress. My friend Sienna also shares both of these interests so whatever we decide to do, we plan to do it together. We have already planned ahead, and if we decide the path of Marine Biology we want to study at California State University, Monterey Bay.

Some of my favorite things are, the color lavender, dogs, dolphins, donuts, Caesars salad, the smell of rain (which I found is called petrichor), my friends, my family, and books. Now to list all of my closest friends this year. Emma, Sienna, Claire, Hazel, Ellie, and Trevor.

Life is good.

No comments: