4/12/2011

Boy or Girl?

Austin has been pulling for a boy since the day we announced the pregnancy. (That's him and me and Baby Buzz in the picture). Ruthie has been waffling back and forth, but mostly requesting a girl.


Yesterday we went as a family to see the big ultrasound. The baby had it's legs crossed at first, so we had to wait while the nurse checked on the baby's heart and head and stomach and bones. I am pleased to announce that we have one healthy little baby growing here! Then finally we found out...

It's a GIRL!!!
I am thrilled! I was hoping for a girl, though I'd gotten so used to calling it a boy that I still caught myself saying "he" yesterday and having to correct it. I'm excited that I'll have two daughters to play with and that my girls will have sisters. Austin's reaction to the news was a disappointed, "Oh, I was wrong." After saying that about 3 times, he was over it and announced, "I thought the pattern was boy, girl, boy, girl. Now I know it's boy, girl, girl, boy!" Now we just have to convince Austin to call the baby "Baby Sister" instead of "Baby Buzz". That may take some doing.

This is Austin's picture of me pushing the baby in a stroller. I love that the baby is so real to him that she's making it into his art! The kids ask me several times a week when the baby is going to "hatch" out of my tummy. It seems like a long way to go still, but 12 weeks ago I thought 20 weeks was an eternity away. Just 20 more to go.

6 comments:

Julie said...

Congrats!!! Jealous you got another girl. ;)

Stephanie said...

Congratulations. All babies are special and perfect, but we sure love girls around here. And, the best is that she's healthy! I'm excited for you and your growing family. She'll be here before you know it.

Dadra said...

Yeah for another girl and a healthy baby. Now the name game begins, right?!?!

The Farmer's said...

Congrats!! Another little girl sounds like so much fun!! We are so happy for you guys.

nbarnes2 said...

congratulations! its great to have sisters. especially so close in age. fun fun i hate to lose baby buzz though because it had such a nice ring to it. we're excited to see y'all again!

faith said...

That's wonderful! Congratulations!